I love a good meringue, but I hacen't always been great at making them. And if you haven't tried the meringue cookies you should. But these little meringues are perfect for a cookie party, party set-up, hot cocoa bar, and so much more. They taste like a marshmallow and the best candy put together.
I loved adding the sprinkles for a fun, festive look that can easily be changed up. These sprinkles are from Sprinkle Pop! I think another fun idea for these is dipping them in chocolate, coat them in sprinkles, or even change the color with food dye. Or flavoring them differently for a fun twist! Like some funfetti meringues made with butter flavorings.
4 large egg whites, at room temperature
¼ tsp salt
½ tsp white vinegar
1 2/3 cup superfine sugar (Baker’s sugar)*
1 Tbsp cream of tartar
2 tsp vanilla extract
1-2 Tbsp of sprinkles
1. Preheat oven to 275° F. Prepare 2 cookie sheets with aluminum foil, shiny side down.
2. In the bowl of your mixer, using the whip attachment, beat egg whites and salt until frothy.
3. Add vinegar and beat until soft peaks form. Slowly beat in sugar until stiff peaks form.
4. Beat in cream of tartar and flavoring.
5. Spoon about 2 Tbsp of mixture into piping bags and pipe into desired shape onto the cookie sheets. Leave about 1-2 inches apart, they don’t spread. Or if dolloping just use a spoon to make cookies.
6. Sprinkle sprinkles onto the meringue while still wet.
7. Bake 30 minutes, turning cookie sheets after first 15 minutes.
8. Cool and serve. Store airtight for a few days if needed.
*For baker’s sugar I take granulated sugar and pulse it in the processor for about 30 secs to a minute.