So whenever someone asks me what my best/favorite recipe I always say my apple crumble pie. Why it took me almost 2 years to get it on my site? Yeah, I don't know, but I do know that you can get it a printed copy of it on a towel and isn't that awesome? I think I may have a bit too much butter and it's a tad bit spicier on the towel, so adjust as needed. Also, you can also get my pal Anna's chocolate chip cookie recipe and other locals delicious recipes.
This pie is a staple in my family for the 4th of July and Thanksgiving. And I hope it can become a part of your holidays as well!
· 1 pie crust
· 5 medium sized granny smith apples, peeled cored and sliced
· 1 lemon, juiced and zested (zest for crumble)
· ½ cup granulated sugar
· ½ cup brown sugar
· 1 cup flour
· 1 ½ teaspoons cinnamon
· ½ teaspoon all spice
· ¼ teaspoon ginger
· ¼ teaspoon nutmeg
· 1/8 teaspoon cloves
· 1/8 teaspoon mace
· 1/3 cup butter, cold cut into cubes
· 1 tsp Zest from lemon
1. Preheat oven at 350° F. Prepare pie crust into a pie dish.
2. In a bowl combine apples slices, juice from lemon, and granulated sugar and toss to coat all the apples.
3. Mix all the dry ingredients for the crumble in a separate bowl. Add the lemon zest and cut in the butter. Use a fork to mix and crumble butter into the ingredients until they clump and create a crumble.
4. Place apple slices into prepared pie dish, sprinkle crumble mixture on top, and cover with a foil tent.
5. Bake for 30 minutes, remove foil, and bake for an additional 30 minutes. Let cool and enjoy!