Alright so this one is based off of a favorite fall recipe, but it's delicious with these summer veggies and fruits and I hope you love it as much as I do. This was the more savory recipe for the Lucky's Market brunch shoot I did. The other recipes include: raspberry cinnamon buns, frozen watermelon lemonade, and peach mozzarella crostini.
1 pie crust
1 summer squash
2 heirloom tomatoes
½ red pear
1 yellow onion caramelized
3 Tbsp butter
¼ cup feta
3-4 sprigs of thyme
400 degrees for 18-20 mins
1. Preheat oven for 350°F.
2. Use a mandolin to slice summer squash, heirloom tomatoes, a pear, and the yellow onion.
3. Place 3 Tbsp of butter in a sauté pan over medium low with the yellow onion slices. Let cook for 30-45 mins. Stir occasionally and allow to caramelize.
4. Place squash on cookie sheet and lightly oil. Place in the oven for 10 minutes to lightly cook. Remove and turn heat to 400°F.
5. Roll out pie dough and place inside a lightly greased and floured tart pan. Push against the edges and into the corners, remove the edge pieces to make tidy.
6. Add caramelized onions to the bottom of the dough, then lay out the sliced squash, tomatoes, and pears out on top.
7. Sprinkle with feta and thyme. Bake for 18-20 minutes, until crust is golden brown.
8. Let cool and remove from tart pan. Slice and enjoy!